[the-facts-machine] Re: AdwCleaner Spyware Removal Tool

  • From: "Michael G" <brlbumps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <the-facts-machine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2014 21:55:16 -0500

I have used Avast for 5 years until last year when I finally decided they broke it too much to be of any use with a screen reading program. I regularly wrote the software company about the barriers they were creating, and their only suggestion was to get sighted help. They did help me with the annual registration process by emailing me an updated code, but never acted on the information I shared. I downloaded their sofware removal tool, and needed sighted help to run it in safe mode. Was not awaire that NVDA could run in safe mode. I have also been told by a friend that CCleaner will also remove Avast, but have not tried that yet. As of now, I no longer use Avast, or MS Security Esentials. Vipre seems to be more screen reader friendly, and costs about $8 to $10 per instalation. And that includes life time updates. I was able to buy 10 installs of Vipre from the Home Shopping Network for $79 two years ago. I still have 4 installs left, because I used three, and gave away three. It has continued to update with a notification that my updates will expire, and instead of a year or date, it says "lifetime." Since using it, I have not had problems, and it has caught several attempts to infect my computers. Just a suggestion to consider.

   Michael G

----- Original Message ----- From: "King Meade" <kingmeade@xxxxxxxxxxx>