[texbirds] possible Zone-tailed Hawk - Austin

  • From: "LMarkoff" <canyoneaglej@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'texbirds'" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 07:37:05 -0600

Hi Texbirds,

Yesterday while I was in the yard rasslin' with a couple of pyracantha
bushes I saw what looked like a Zone-tailed Hawk go over.  I didn't have my
nox with me so I couldn't confirm it.  But I had them almost daily on my
Edwards County place during breeding season and I got pretty good at picking
them out from the Turkey Vultures, so I feel pretty sure about the id.  Just
thought I'd give folks in Austin a heads up to keep an eye out.

Lori Markoff
near Brodie and Slaughter in southwest Austin