[texbirds] TOS Sanctuaries and eBird

  • From: sgross77@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: TEXBIRDS <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, TOS-LIST <TOS-LIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 14:41:30 +0000 (UTC)

In addition to your visits and payments, sharing your data can be an important
contribution to the maintenance of TOS sanctuaries.

From time to time, we are asked to account for species encountered at our
sites, and eBird can be a quick and easy way for that data to be located. Your
data will be part of the permanent database, and it will help the organization
as well.

All of our TOS sanctuaries are eBird hotspots, so please make sure to list the
specific location when entering data.

TOS membership allows for free access to the sanctuaries, so please make use of
this benefit, even during non-peak times. In fact, you may be the one to find
the next rarity!

If you're not a member, please consider joining. Go to texasbirds.org for more
details.

Thanks for your support of TOS and its productive sanctuaries.

Steve Gross

President, TOS