[texbirds] Re: Wild speculation of transgulf migration

  • From: Stephen Gast <segast23@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fred_Collins@xxxxxxxx" <Fred_Collins@xxxxxxxx>, "1 Texbirds \(texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx\)" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 11:52:07 -0700 (PDT)

I suspect that the issue of high winds may be what occurs at the interface
between higher winds slower moving air masses. Turbulence at these interfaces
is going to be much more dangerous to birds  I would think than laminar,
organized air moving en masse in one direction.

Steve Gast
Houston, Texas
segast23@xxxxxxxxx