[texbirds] Re: Requoting - Have mercy on Digesters!

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gcwarbler <gcwarbler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 13:25:43 -0500

I reckon I have never understood the advantage of reading Texbirds vas the
digest...I tried it for several weeks and it was much more of a pain than
simply getting the posts directly and dealing with them, even if there were
a couple of hundred.  There I can just click on the boxes I wish to delete
(along with all follow-up posts) and be done with it which then narrows it
down to the subject topics I consider worth my read.   I guess it is a case
of just picking your poison.
Brush

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 7:40 AM, Chuck Sexton <gcwarbler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> TexBirders,
>
> Now during the peak of spring migration and TexBirds postings, it is
> more critical than ever to maximize time outdoors and minimize time
> required at the computer.  The most commonly violated guidance for
> TexBirds posts is to NOT REQUOTE previous posts.  For those crusty
> old TexBirders like me who don't have time to "just hit the delete
> button" and choose to read the digests daily, the digests quickly
> become double, triple, or quadruple the length to scroll through.
>
> Please PLEASE take a moment to be responsible and respectful for all
> TexBirds users and DON'T REQUOTE.
>
> (Hey, David and Jim--I'm not the "posting police"; just an interested
> user trying to hang onto TexBirds.)
>
> Chuck Sexton
> Austin, TX

Brush Freeman