[texbirds] Wednesday Bird walk at Kleb Woods

  • From: "Collins, Fred (Commissioner Pct. 3)" <Fred_Collins@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "1 Texbirds (texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 17:46:52 +0000

This morning's bird walk produced 53 species. Highlights included a pair of
Blue-winged Teal (2nd park record), late dates and first ever April dates for
Broad-tailed Hummingbird, Red-breasted Nuthatch, Sedge Wren, and Pine Siskin.
Spring migrants of note included Ruby-throated Hummingbird, Acadian Flycatcher
(early date), Great-crested Flycatcher, Scissor-tailed Flycatcher, White-eyed
Vireo, Barn Swallow, Blue-gray Gnatcatcher, Black-and-white Warbler(2), Hooded
Warbler(3), and Northern Parula (2).
Our next bird walk will be this Saturday from 8-10 am. Bird walks are free and
all are welcome. Our weekly Wednesday bird walks begin at 8:30 am.

This Friday April 5 we will have an I-phone class for birders. The class will
show you how to use several different apps to help you find and identify birds.
The class will be taught by our under-30 staff member (Kendra Kocab), but fear
not, she has extensive experience teaching various I-phone classes to seniors.

Fred Collins
             (281) 357-5324
Director: Kleb Woods Nature Center
             Cypress Top Historical Park