[texbirds] Tundra Swans at Anahuac - photo

  • From: Janet Rathjen <j.rathjen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 06:00:55 -0800 (PST)

Hi All,

Since there is some queston as to the identity of the swans at Anahuac NWR, I
am
posting a very poor, highly cropped photo of the swans so everyone can see
them.  If anyone with experience identifying swans can chime in on the ID, I
would appreciate it.  I especially would like discussion of how to ID Tundra
and
Trumpeter swans so I know what to look for the next time I see them.

http://www.pbase.com/jan/image/148214350

Thanks,

Janet Rathjen
Houston, TX