[texbirds] Re: Swallow-tailed Kite, wood stork

  • From: "M. L. Johnson" <824mlj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <passerinaciris12@xxxxxxxxx>, <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 01:34:27 -0500

I also searched high and low for a Swallow-tailed Kite (STKI) this migration
season.  Cruised Hwy 90 from Dayton to Liberty several times with no luck.
Heard of a sighting in Huffman (Hwy 1960 @ Hwy 2100) and checked out the
area with no luck.  Headed over to Martin Dies Jr. State Park and was
rewarded with sightings of 2 STKIs from the Island Trail of the Walnut Ridge
Unit.  This is in Jasper County.

Good Luck ~
Mary Lee Johnson
Grapevine / Tarrant County