[texbirds] Sunset Cemetery

  • From: Karen Smith <readerksmit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 14:33:43 +0000

While birding Sunset Cemetery, number 070 on the Heart of the Hills Wildlife
Loop, on Saturday we had a man drive up and tell us to leave the area.  He said
the cemetery was private property and that he had chased out another group of
birders already.  We pointed out to him that the cemetery was listed and had a
sign indicating it was a Birding site with the Texas Parks and Wildlife.  We
also pointed out the fact that there were no signs saying it was private
property or indicating no trespassing and no gate obstructing entry.  He would
hear none of it and was very rude and threatening.  Anyone have any information
about this?  We have been birding this site while visiting the Hill Country for
years with no problems.  By the way, we had a beautiful singing male Northern
Parula at the location.

Karen SmithCorpus Christi, Texas