[texbirds] Starting off 2013 with Jose Maria

  • From: pfoster1@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 19:37:52 +0000

Continuing to wrack up year birds here in Houston,  we stopped by Bear Creek
Park and first heard and then had excellent looks at the Greater Pewee.  The
bird was located in the trees at the intersection of Kunze and Pasche. Also
heard and saw a Red-breasted Nuthatch in the same area as well as Pine Siskins.
Started the year by participating in the Cypress Creek CBC.  Highlights
included 50+ Wood Ducks, Short-eared, Screech and Barred Owls, and five Eastern
Towhees.
Susan Foster
Rockport, Aransas County
Presently sitting on a very cold bench near Bear Creek Park Bathroom No. 9
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®Edit your Freelists account
settings for TEXBIRDS at