[texbirds] Re: Port O'Connor Wow birds galore.

  • From: Stenmead@xxxxxxx
  • To: brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx, Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 13:07:19 -0400 (EDT)

Eastern Kingbirds and lots of Chimney Swifts and Swallows in San Leon,
Galveston County

Stennie Meadours
San Leon

In a message dated 4/3/2013 11:11:09 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx writes:
temps.  has produced a bountiful supply of downed migrants and herds of
swallows  and swifts.  In the better locations of town,  there are flocks
of
mixed migrants in the blooming oaks sometimes numbering more than  30
birds...Heck it is almost like the old days of a great fallout...Well  maybe
not that good but....  We have had no problems at all finding a  broad
selection of warblers etc also pewees, tanagers etc,   The  highlights are
several FOY species, including a TROPICAL PARULA and  two  early N.
Waterthrushes.!   A major influx especially of  Yellow-rumpeds,
Black-and-whites, Tenessees  N.Parulas.with a number  of other species more
expected...As mentioned just skid loads of swifts.  .There is a good north
breeze under gray skies and represents the classical  fallout conditions.  I
have a bunch of rats to kill for a few hours  but will make another round
later in the afternoon when I expect the  birding will be exceedingly good.
It is worth taking a half day off work  for if you are near the coast!  If
not and the north wind hold, I  suspect tomorrow to be as good or better.
What is happening in Corpus, UTC  and Pt. Aransas?
--
Brush Freeman
361-655-7641  Cell

Reposting of traffic from  TEXBIRDS is prohibited without seeking
permission
from the List  Owner