[texbirds] Tyler State Park 4-2-13

  • From: "Boyd Sanders" <Boyd.Sanders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 11:53:09 -0500

Howdy All!

=20

The park was very birdy yesterday before the rain set in.
Yellow-throated Vireos are back in the Big Pine camping loop,
Black-and-White Warblers are singing all over, Yellow-throated Warblers
and Black-throated Green Warbler too.  Late in the afternoon I finally
heard Red-eyed Vireo in the Big Pine area.  A flock of about 100 Pine
Siskins and several Goldfinches were in that same area.  The siskins
were so loud that it was hard to hear anything else.  The area around
the beaver pond had Hairy Woodpecker, Common Yellowthroat and what
looked like a Philadelphia Vireo.  The vireo would be very early, so I
am a little hesitant to go with a 100% positive ID.  The facial pattern
was paler than a typical Red-eyed and the breast and throat looked like
it had the yellow wash of a Philly Vireo.  I was not able to relocate it
after lunch yesterday.  I am going to see if it is still around today. =20

=20

I am going to go ahead and do some scouting around the park in the
morning and anyone who would like to come along is more than welcome.  I
will start at 8:30am.  If you would like to go just let them know at the
front office when you arrive and I'll meet you there.  I will not be
leading a bird walk here at the park this weekend as I will be leading
one Saturday morning at the TPWD Freshwater Fisheries Center in Athens
for their Outdoor Fools Day event.  The bird walk will start at 9am and
go for about 2 hours.

=20

bsanders38

Apr 2, 2013

Tyler SP (PPW-E 065)

Traveling

3 miles

2 Hours

Observers: 1

All birds reported? Yes

Comments: =20

Submitted from BirdLog NA for iOS, version 1.5.1

1 Wood Duck

4 Mallard

4 Northern Shoveler

2 Lesser Scaup

7 Pied-billed Grebe

6 Black Vulture

3 Turkey Vulture

2 Red-shouldered Hawk

2 Broad-winged Hawk

2 Red-tailed Hawk

2 Killdeer

4 Mourning Dove

1 Belted Kingfisher

2 Red-headed Woodpecker

5 Red-bellied Woodpecker

4 Downy Woodpecker

1 Hairy Woodpecker

3 Pileated Woodpecker

4 Eastern Phoebe

2 Eastern Kingbird

2 White-eyed Vireo

1 Yellow-throated Vireo

1 Red-eyed Vireo

9 Blue Jay

5 American Crow

12 Purple Martin

11 Carolina Chickadee

8 Tufted Titmouse

3 White-breasted Nuthatch

2 Brown-headed Nuthatch

5 Carolina Wren

4 Blue-gray Gnatcatcher

10 Ruby-crowned Kinglet

3 Eastern Bluebird

4 Hermit Thrush

3 Northern Mockingbird

3 Brown Thrasher

5 Cedar Waxwing

3 Northern Parula

30 Yellow-rumped Warbler

1 Black-throated Green Warbler

3 Yellow-throated Warbler

17 Pine Warbler

3 Black-and-white Warbler

1 Louisiana Waterthrush

2 Common Yellowthroat

1 Eastern Towhee

50 Chipping Sparrow

3 Lincoln's Sparrow

2 Swamp Sparrow

30 White-throated Sparrow

20 Northern Cardinal

4 Red-winged Blackbird

3 Common Grackle

100 Pine Siskin

30 American Goldfinch

=20

=20

Good Birding,=20

=20

Boyd A. Sanders BBA, CIG

Interpreter/Exhibit Tech

=20

Tyler State Park

789 Park Rd. 16

Tyler, TX 75706

=20

(903)597-5338

boyd.sanders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:boyd.sanders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>=20

=20

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

(When All Else Fails, Play Dead- Red Green)

=20

=20

Learn how you can help Texas State Parks: <http://bit.ly/sVdilb
<http://bit.ly/sVdilb> >