[texbirds] POC morning.

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 11:19:08 -0500

Nine folks knocked out of their socks this AM.  Two words are all that are
required  .."Christmas Trees".   So many passerines etc, some that are not
even supposed to be here yet.  Chestnut-sided, Magnolia etc.  Yellow-billed
Cuckoos, Scarlet Tanagers on the early side etc..  While all of this
wonderful I personally am by farmost impressed by the huge swarms of
swifts, perhaps in the thousands during the morning as well as a steady
stream of like numbers of Franklin's Gulls pouring in off the gulf....Not
much else to say but its just crazy.  Now I am looking forward to Utley
getting some spring stuff there for at least a few days.....Pretty much ran
out of "Wows" around here, but may give it another look see this
afternoon/evening.

--
Brush Freeman
361-655-7641 Cell