[texbirds] Hawks migrating over EWBC and other sightings

  • From: "Monica Barrera" <mbarrera@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2013 17:13:11 +0000

 Hello All!

2 large groups of hawks, of approximatley 80 or so hawks in each, were observed
making thier way above our area yesterday afternoon. They seemed to be mostly
Broad-winged and maybe some Red-shouldered Hawks, but there might have been
other species mixed in there. It was a great sight for sure, hopefully they'll
have a safe journey!

As far as other sightings, we have been seeing the Green Kingfisher, male, in
the usual spot, the Dragonfly Pond. Kiskadees and Northern Cardinals were
calling away pretty much all day, along with the White-eyed Vireo. There were
some Cattle Egrets hanging out at North Pond along with some Snowy Egrets, and
Neotropic Cormorants. I did get reports of a Painted Bunting sighted this
morning along the grounds as well.

It's a beautiful sunny and breezy morning, hope you can come visit us today!

Have a great day!

Monica Barrera
Interpretive Naturalist

Edinburg Scenic Wetlands & World Birding Center
P.O. Box 1079
Edinburg, Texas 78540
956.381.9922 O 956.381.0715 F
mbarrera@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx