[texbirds] Mystery birds - virtual birding

  • From: MBB22222@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 11:19:23 -0500 (EST)

Unexpectedly large number of interested people came to check my last
mystery bird posted and, as expected, most sent me the right ID to confirm.
This
time there is nothing unusual (means that all posted plumages can be found
easy  in the field) but as I none of the field guides illustrates all
possible  combinations there is a chance that some beginners might find a good
exercise  especially that the weather now makes birding on the web more
pleasurable than  getting wet and cold in the field. On the other hand weather
like
that helps me  to go back and work on some more photos and as in this case
trying to put  together illustration of all possible plumages one can see
out there. Again  there is no tricks, nothing unusual and here is one hint:
try to look for  combination of traits rather than picking up and
concentrating on one.

#1 _http://www.pbase.com/mbb/image/148231173_
(http://www.pbase.com/mbb/image/148231173)

#2 _http://www.pbase.com/mbb/image/148231175_