[texbirds] Anahuac Swans

  • From: Greg Lavaty <greglavaty@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 06:31:36 -0800 (PST)

I spent the day at Anahuac NWR yesterday and cumulatively
spent about 2 hours observing two swans in and around Shoveler Pond.  The swans
I observed appeared to be the same
two all day long.  At one point the two
birds were out on the open field to the north of Shoveler Pond where there was
no cover to hid in as Carolyn Dill mentioned in her post yesterday.

I have posted a couple of pictures of the birds here:
http://www.pbase.com/dadas115/new

I checked Shoveler Pond numerous times throughout the day
and could only come up with these two birds so if there are more birds they are
being very sneaky.

Greg Lavaty
www.texastargetbirds.com
Sugar Land, TX