[texbirds] Re: Mysterious Gull in Austin

  • From: John Ribble <johnribble@xxxxxxx>
  • To: spcgraham.floyd@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 16:47:09 -0500

Dear Graham,
        I don't know what happened to the gull but I can think of several
scenarios.
        1. Someone of ornithological bent, who doesn't care whether birders see
birds, saw and identified(maybe) the bird and photographed it. The picture and
possibly the specimen will be part of a paper to be published later. Be on the
lookout for it in print and collections.
        2. Come to think of it the others are too preposterous to even mention.
        I do know that a number of people have looked for the bird and not
found it. I do not understand why people would want to keep others from seeing
the bird. Maybe it's caged.
John Ribble
Austin, TX