[texbirds] Re: Lee Lemmons remembered

  • From: Susan Yost <sdyost@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chilesjack@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2013 08:45:16 -0500

Lee Lemmons was one of a kind.  My fondest memory was: I had brought a group of
birders to Hagerman for the "tour"  Lee was riding shot gun.  His sister was
also along for the trip.  As we drove around the refuge Lee also replenished
the maps as well as checked the ports-potties.   We stopped @ the one near the
bridge and picnic area.  Lee went in.  Out he came  "I dropped my keys in the
crapper" he said.   So he had to hitch a ride on a passing front-end loader to
get back to headqtrs for a spare set.  I don't think his sister ever let him
forget that day!!  He was a gem and can now re-find that Ivory-billed
Woodpecker he saw so many many years ago.  And don't forget the cookies;
home-made ones were always better!!!
Sue YOST ~^/^~
Highland Village