[texbirds] Re: Considering a TEXBIRDS rule change, your feedback is wanted

  • From: "Mary Gustafson" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "live4birds@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 17:08:41 -0500

I'll disagree, I think the location you BIRDED should be in the post and/or
subject if relevant; the location you LIVE isn't relevant.  I think there
should be a policy against saying you had birds x y z in your yard without
giving a location, but birders trying to communicate about rare birds or
interesting sightings shouldn't be policed to add their residential location.

I for one still have to look up on mapquest to see where many of these towns
are.  It's meaningless to me.

Mary Gustafson
Mission, Texas (well, not really, actually unicorporated Hidalgo County
southwest of Mission, or north of Bentsen RGV State Park, or south of Palmview)