[texbirds] Re: Cold front impact in Austin

  • From: Rich Kostecke <rkost73@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 15:58:00 -0700 (PDT)

As Dave mentioned, there are plenty of Nashville and Orange-crowned warblers
around.  However, my experience this morning/afternoon was that there were few
other migrants around.  Overall, it was a pretty quiet day bird-wise.  For at
least a little excitement, I did have a male Scarlet Tanager that briefly made
an appearance in my NW Austin backyard.  There were Spotted, Baird's, Western,
and Least sandpipers at Lake Travis.  However, the best shorebird I had was a
Semipalmated Plover at Sandy Creek Park on Lake Travis.  I also thought the
Rock Wren attending 2 fledglings at Sandy Creek was pretty neat.

Rich
Richard Kostecke, Ph.D.
The Nature Conservancy
318 Congress Ave., Austin, Texas 78701