[texbirds] Re: Austin Area Warbler Migration RFI

  • From: Gene Majors <genemajors@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2013 11:28:18 -0500

 It may be the old Hwy. 183 Plum Creek bridge southeast of Luling just
beforeyou get to I-10.
Gene Majors
San Marcos

On 4/2/2013 11:03 AM, Dan Smith wrote:
Sean, I may have commented on that at one time or another, but not recently.
One such location, though, is in Richard Moya County Park, which is off
Burleson Road right before it reaches FM 972. That's SE. The bridge is the
old Burleson Road bridge over Onion Creek, which runs along the south side
ofthat park. It is an iron superstructure bridge that has been turned into a
pedestrian bridge with relatively new wooden planking and a sidewalk off the
park bike trail. The whole park is pretty birdy. I wish it was in my patch.
There used to be a family of Eastern Blue Birds on the west end of the park.
The bridge is on the east end of the park. Dan Smith
dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[1] 512-451-2632
http://www.wordsmithofaustin.com[2]On Apr 2, 2013, at 9:31 AM, Sean Paul
Kelley <spkelley@xxxxxxxxx>[3] wrote: Someone on this list told me about a
spot on an old road where there used to be a bridge where they could look
over the tops of the trees and see Warblers while they were migrating. I
believe the area was south and/or east of Austin. Sadly, I deleted the email
while "cleaning" out some old emails. (Basically I goofed.) If that person
could please resend that location I would be very grateful. Sean Paul Kelley
Central Austin Edit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at
//www.freelists.org/list/texbirds[4] Reposting of traffic from TEXBIRDS
is prohibited without seeking permission from the List Owner Edit your
Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at
//www.freelists.org/list/texbirds[5] Reposting of traffic from TEXBIRDS
is prohibited without seeking permission from the List Owner

--- Links ---
   1 mailto:dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   2 http://www.wordsmithofaustin.com
   3 mailto:spkelley@xxxxxxxxx