[texbirds] Quinta Mazatlan this morning

  • From: John Brush <jsbrush10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 11:20:12 -0500

Migrants and summer residents continue to come in. Today the walk got
looks at an Ash-throated Flycatcher (very pale gray breast fading into a
pale yellow), as well as flushing up a Chuck-will's-widow. Other migrants
included Great-crested Flycatcher, and we all got good looks at a singing
Northern Parula. When I first got to the park, there were a couple
Red-crowned Parrots flying around with a Yellow-headed Parrot in tow. Great
Kiskadees are building nests and the park is looking lush - our bird walks
are offered every Tuesday morning at 8:30.
Black-bellied Whistling-Duck  2
Plain Chachalaca  10
Snowy Egret  1
Turkey Vulture  1