[techtalk] Re: Vista

  • From: "trott3r" <trott3r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 19:50:34 +0000

On 9:36:22 am 03/03/2007 "Neil Ives" <neil.ives@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >  What do the list think of Vista..............
> >
> >  I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole, since you asked.
> >
> > > From what I've read about it, and seen of it (the local computer
> >  shop gave me a bit of a demo, and let me play with it), the phrase
> >  "Emperor's new clothes" springs to mind.
>
> I was just reading this:

> and this:
>
> I'd suggest leaving it for a year or so, (as usual with Windows
> releases) until most of the problems have been sorted out.

yeah that usually the best way. Wait until vista service pack 1 has been
released since thats what businesses tend to do.

> On my home PC I'm very happy with Windows 2000 Pro. Mind you Vista
> probably wouldn't run on my older machine anyway.

I like win2000 as well as it is still supported with security updates and
has the most usefull features of xp without the bloat.
(NTFS and NT stability )

I think the only useful thing that xp has is system restore and i take
images of partitions so i dont really need that.

Martin N