[techtalk] Re: Vista

  • From: "Neil Ives" <neil.ives@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 09:36:22 +0000

> What do the list think of Vista..............

I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole, since you asked.

>From what I've read about it, and seen of it (the local computer shop
gave me a bit of a demo, and let me play with it), the phrase "Emperor's
new clothes" springs to mind.

I was just reading this:

and this:

I'd suggest leaving it for a year or so, (as usual with Windows
releases) until most of the problems have been sorted out.

On my home PC I'm very happy with Windows 2000 Pro. Mind you Vista
probably wouldn't run on my older machine anyway.

--
Neil Ives