[techtalk] Re: Asus video card dying ?

  • From: "Andrew Davidson" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 18:20:08 -0000

In the 9 months I had my 9700 Pro it burned out (once literally) 3 times. thankfully Crucial replaced them no problems. Had a few X600's at work fry as well. Assuming the drivers don't implode and nuke Windows in the process.

As for nVidia cards, well in my experience I get to the point where I can't find a machine to plug them in to. Got an Asus 5900XT AGP downstairs which I can no longer use, and old TNT2 and PCI MX2's and they still work fine.

I'm still running EVE on my 8800GTS, running Vista with 2 windowed games running on seperate screens.

Can you tell I've had nothing but bad experience with ATi/AMD? :)

Andrew

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Ferguson" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>