Re: Balmer Sez... "Linux is Communism"

  • From: Raghuram Viswanadha <raghu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: technocracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 19:15:07 -0500 (EST)

I agree with Steve. Open software is about freedom and democracy.
The French government which is percieved (AFAIK) to be one of the  most
pro-democratic governments has embraced open-source development and now
requires that every software product used in France should be  open
source.(There may be other financial or political reasons, but still)
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/Digital/Columnists/2000-07/eva100700.shtml

Raghu