Re: Balmer Sez... "Linux is Communism"

  • From: Hunter <hunters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: technocracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Aug 100 12:13:27 -0500 (EST)

>   Amung other definitions, that one has never actually existed in the real
> world.  Here is my dictionaries definition of the real wold Communism:

Yet it is the one I am using...

Look; I don't want to get into a debate on the finer points of the GPL or the
socio-economic system of other nations. My point is this:

Communism and the open-source philiosphy have (at least) one thing in common:

"The workers control the means of production."

In the communist sense, this means the workers control the factory in which
they toil. In the open-source sense, the programmers have access to the
source code. That's it.

Steven Hunter  | hunters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Hyrdoplaning towards infinity... Just some drag-queens and, me." - Olly