[TechAssist] Re: tx81 rca with shorted hot transistor

  • From: John Mielke <maintv2002@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 15:35:39 -0600

According to the RCA bulletin on this chassis the main cap to replace is
CP08 (100uf-35v)  There is also CP32 (4700pf-50v) recomended to change
along with TP06 (198748) although CP08 is the most important to change.
  I do not know of a 47uf to change.   By the way, 2SD1427 makes a good
replacement for the HOT  (S2000A3 or RCA 198794)  John.

wblakey wrote:
> I remember reading about a gentleman with the tv as mentioned above and he
> had a shorted hot transistor. It was suggested to change the transistor and
> two electrolytics , one was a 100mfd/35v and the other was a 47mfd (possibly
> 35v). I have a tv the same at present and have done this repair but cannot
> find out which cap is the 47 mfd and have spent too much time in the archives
> with no success to find the repair mentioned. Does anyone know which two caps
> are needed to change on this tv. TIA.
> Wilf Blakey/Blakey TV
> Kirkland Lake,Ontario,Canada
> ***NEW*** Tips Added Instantly!!!***