[TechAssist] tx81 rca with shorted hot transistor

  • From: "wblakey" <wblakey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 17:06:47 -0400

I remember reading about a gentleman with the tv as mentioned above and he had
a shorted hot transistor. It was suggested to change the transistor and two
electrolytics , one was a 100mfd/35v and the other was a 47mfd (possibly 35v).
I have a tv the same at present and have done this repair but cannot find out
which cap is the 47 mfd and have spent too much time in the archives with no
success to find the repair mentioned. Does anyone know which two caps are
needed to change on this tv. TIA.
Wilf Blakey/Blakey TV
Kirkland Lake,Ontario,Canada