[TechAssist] Re: partial fix,RCA P46811LV, PTK195AA bowed, jagged buzzing pix after home power flickered

  • From: "Damon" <damoneb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 07:37:29 -0500

Did you check the Convergence Power supply to see if it was running? Can you
adjust anything in the Convergence circuit? BTW I think the Convergence
board BOWS only the top and bottom of the picture when the power supply
shuts off.......I think I've had a couple of these units intermittantly turn
itself off, and the price of the board was cheaper than spending hours
identifying the intermittant.

I think I'd check for adjustability and EEprom storage capability
first....pick a grid point, adjust it out of specs a little, store it, then
back out (use only one out of 3 colors, keep a reference color). Go back in
and see if it "remembers", if so, then the EEprom most likely just lost it's
DATA.
.....and you don't have to invest in a new Conv Board. But if it needs one,
you will RUE the day all manufacturers started putting the sensors on the
edges of their screens. Getting "green-OK" is a pain.

Damon B
Telrad Electronics
Fort Wayne IN