[TechAssist] Re: (off topic) Need driver for DVD-ROM Toshiba SD-C2202

  • From: Bil Green <tv.vcrrepair@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Ron Miller d.b.a. Country TV" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 15:45:50 -0700

Did you look at the bottom of the screen for "press any key"
during bootup?

--
Best regards,

 Bil Green
 PC 1000
 Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546
 760-924-1000                           mailto:tv.vcrrepair@xxxxxxxxxxx

Sunday, June 27, 2004, 3:29:02 PM, you wrote:

RMdbaCT> Ty, the OS dose not see any CD drive at all, I have set the CD rom as
first
RMdbaCT> boot device in the bios and put in the XP disk-NO_GO, just boots to
windows.
RMdbaCT> Country TV
RMdbaCT> Ron Miller
RMdbaCT> Inez, TX. 77968

RMdbaCT> ----- Original Message -----
RMdbaCT> From: "Ty" <ty1k@xxxxxxxxxxx>
RMdbaCT> To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
RMdbaCT> Sent: Sunday, June 27, 2004 5:07 PM
RMdbaCT> Subject: [TechAssist] Re: (off topic) Need driver for DVD-ROM Toshiba
RMdbaCT> SD-C2202

>> Ron,
>> According to a
>> Computer tech friend, the driver for the DVD ROM should be included in XP.
>> It should be recognized as a cd-rom for initial installation.
>> After installation and re-boot, it should recognize it as additional
>> hardware and install the appropriate drivers. Now as for programs, that is
>> up to you.
>> You might find additional info at:

RMdbaCT>
http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_modItemList.jsp?ProductMenu

RMdbaCT>
_0=Accessories&ProductMenu_1=Expansion&ProductMenu_2=633328&BV_SessionID=@@@

RMdbaCT>
@0566887439.1088372010@@@@&BV_EngineID=cccdadcllgelhdecgfkceghdgngdglj.0&moi
>> d=633328&smoid=true&ct=DL&ListType=Model&x=21&y=12
>>
>> If just clicking on the above does not work,
>> Paste the above into NOTEPAD, Under "Format" uncheck "Word wrap". Now copy
>> the whole thing into your browser.
>>
>> Ty
>>
>> Tiberius Kraemer
>> BLUE STAR ELECTRONICS