[TechAssist] Re: Zenith B25A24Z (9-2066-3) open FX3402 caused no +5V stby, other?

  • From: "Lynn C. Hedspeth, CET" <HedTV@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 09:26:38 -0400

In these cases I usually find the Audio Output IC is defective.
You will have audio, but the IC will overheat and either fail later
or the audio will distort after it gets to an extreme temp.
I have no answer for why the audio output IC is effected by
a surge from the power, but I have found this to be the case
about 80-90% of the cases where this fuse has blown, and
replacing it gets the set up and running. Just make sure the
IC is not running hot before you send it home.

Have a great day,
Lynn C. Hedspeth, CET
Hedspeth Enterprises Inc.
3521 E. Hwy 27