[TechAssist] Windows XP Stalls @ Desktop

  • From: Bil Green <tv.vcrrepair@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ".TECHASSIST @ freelists . org" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 11:23:09 -0700

I am working on an XP system which works fine, but stalls for about
one minute just before loading the Desktop (no error message). I
need a good procedure (or program) for locating the source of this
problem.

I can't use System Restore because there are no restore points
earlier than this problem - I had just reinstalled Windows (Repair
install) to get XP to boot (wouldn't even start).

XP Home SP1
Disabled all Startup items
Deleted Temp and Temp Internet files
Ran CheckDisk, CWShredder, Ad-aware, Search & Destroy, Updated
antivirus, very effective registry cleaner, SFC
No help so far

         Bil Green
          PC 1000
  Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546