[TechAssist] Re: [Update 9-16-02] T/A Sony PTV KP53S25 Fluid leakage - [Repair or replace "E" board]

  • From: "LeRoy Westlund" <llw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 23:25:20 -0600

Damon,
Your MY Sony man from now on !
The Mos-Fet transistor Q808 was indeed causing the high voltage "E" board to
shut down. I replaced Q808, and Q806 (again), and the set came on in a IK
shut down mode, with a Horz line at the bottom of all 3 CRTs.
I tweeked the screen adjust for my NEW Blue CRT (That I just
replaced),....and everything started working.
I was deflecting my picture off the ceiling, so I couldn't tell how far off
my Blue adjustments might be. So,...I took the set back to the
home,....reinstalled the CRT Array, and the chassis,..and proceeded to fine
tune the blue convergence, etc.
From the customer convergence menu,...the Blue bar seems to have plenty of
adjustment range (about 2 inches), but will not go far enough in the down
direction to converge onto the green horz bar, to obtain proper convergence.
Also,...the blue is out of focus too far.
I adjusted the focus lens on the blue CRT, and improved it a little, but not
satisfactory.
I tried adjusting the convergence rings on the Blue CRT,...and connot
improve the blue convergence to satisfactory level.
At this point, I told the customer, I better have the set in the shop, where
I can take my time, to adjust the Blue Focus, and convergence. He
agreed,...and now the set is here in the shop.
Looking down into the Blue CRT directly, I can see a bright half moon on the
vertical edge (about an inche long). I am thinking that I either have a
defective replacement CRT, or a cracked lens.
But,...on the other hand,...is it possible that I just have the adjustments
too far out of range ? I tried to mark, and place the convergence magnets,
and the focus lens, and the yoke, so I would have a very minimal fine
tunning to do. I can't imagine it could be  that far off.
Any directions for centering the blue, onto the green cross bars, would be
very helpful at this point.

Still struggling with this one,..
Thanks again to Damon,...and also to all others who have followed this
repair thread, and have tried to help me.
LLW

LeRoy Westlund
Westlund TV & Electronics          " It's such a pretty world
93 North Main                                          today !....
Centerfield, UT 84622-0087           Look at the Sunshine. "
Ph./Fax  435-528-3822                               :-)
mailto:LLW@xxxxxxxxxx