[TechAssist] Re: Toshiba SD-1600C, DVD won't spin, need motor

  • From: "Don Hartigan" <hartstv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 22:34:20 -0400

Kevin,I doubt your ''spindal motor'' is bad.They are available from Global
in various shaft sizes.Most of the DVD players I service for Toshiba are
board replacement only or exchange.The noise you are probably hearing is the
lazer optics unit trying to focus or the sled motor searching but it's more
of a low clicking sound that I'm referring to.........
Don of HARTS-TVCR''ASC''
9 Robert St,Oromocto,NB,Can,E2V3N2
hartstv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Tel-5063579785,fax-3576010