[TechAssist] Re: Toshiba SD-1600C, DVD won't spin, need motor

  • From: Kevin <kevintv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 16:47:59 -0800

I don't think I need the motor now.  I applied 12 VDC and got it
spinning, but there is more wrong with the unit as it does not spin the
DVD or CD.  It is too bad that DVD players dropped in value so quickly,
so that unless the repair is simple, they are not worth repairing.

One thing I have always wondered about but forgot to ask:  What causes
the laser to make noise when it is searching?

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV & Video Repair
Penticton BC Canada
kevintv@xxxxxxx