[TechAssist] Re: TA Philips 52MP51B1 PTV3**tuner problems..

  • From: "Tel-Tek Electronics" <teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 15:07:17 -0400

Jeff;
I believe that tuner uses a Programmable Phase Lock Loop IC.
        It sits inside the tuner on a little sub-board.

It's a little tricky to replace but the second one will be easier.

It uses a SDA3202-2...your supplier will have the SDA3412, (good sub) or
use NTE7108. I have a PDF picture I took of the IC if you want me to
send it to you. The IC is about 6 to 8 $$.

        You have to be sure not to heat up the little surface mount caps
and resistor (3). But it's relatively easy with a pencil iron.

-Ed-

Tel-Tek Electronics
teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Ontario-Canada