[TechAssist] Re: Sony Vaio Laptop- LCD light problem

  • From: Gary McCartney <number63@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2002 10:52:47 -0400

Roger, I believe the function of the DC-DC converter is to provide hi
voltage to power the display backlight. Just guessing that it isn't
putting out high enough voltage to make the lamp bright enough. Have you
checked for bad caps or transistors on the DC-DC converter board?

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
7134 Fife Rd, RR 7
Guelph Ontario Canada N1H 6J4