[TechAssist] Re: Sony VCR SLV760HF gear kit and washer replacement

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 13:43:54 -0500

The side plate was not rigid enough and would bulge out if a cassette was
inserted with a door that did not open easily. Then the gears on the side
plate would jump out of time. Sony came up with a washer that was about 1/8
inch high to stick under the right side mounting screw, the idea being that
the side plate would bulge against the washer and that would restrain it.
Didnt always work very well. On one unit that kept coming back out of time
after the Sony washer was installed, we used epoxy to glue a strut from the
right side plate of the front loading mechanism to the cabinet frame.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave
Greenville SC 29609