[TechAssist] Sony VCR SLV760HF gear kit and washer replacement

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 18:57:33 -0500

I just replaced the gear kit # A-7040-474-C for complaint of not
ejecting. I was having problems after the install with the motor
slipping but I have fixed the cracked clutch pulley on the motor shaft
and am now waiting for the epoxy to harden.

Meanwhile, I was reading old tips about this Sony H-chassis and
apparently there is a special washer which needs to be added to the
right side of the basket. Here is a portion of a message originally from
Winstips regarding this:

"Re-time F/L assy, and install a washer under mounting screw to right
side of basket. Newark electronics p/n WFL-06-024-SN 800-463-9275
(special
washer) the one closest to the front panel"

Can anyone explain this to me so I can install the washer? I don't have
one but maybe I can improvise. What size washer to use, and exactly what
screw does it go under, the one where you screw the deck onto the VCR
plastic frame?

What is the purpose of this modification?

Thanks.

--

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics