[TechAssist] Re: Sony KV32TS46 volatage/ground inpediance ???

  • From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 00:36:06 +0000

Dc volatage of -158V is seen with respect to hot or netural of AC line. They
brought the set into us so I don't know about the integrity of the sat
system, although they claim it didn't spark with a diffrent set..

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio TV

From: "Leonard Caillouet" <lcaillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TechAssist] Re: Sony KV32TS46 volatage/ground inpediance ???
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 08:55:06 -0400

What do you mean by "There is a DC potential seen of -158v Current???"

Have you performed a leakage current test?

Is the sat system grounded properly?  Are there any outlets wired backwards
on equipment connected to the sat system?

Most of the sat installs that I have seen have not been grounded or not
grounded according to code.  If something fails that makes the ground hot or
if an outlet is wired wrong and the system is not grounded it could find
ground through the set and not blow a breaker.

Leonard Caillouet
Service Manager
Electronics World
Gainesville, FL