[TechAssist] Re: Sony KV32TS46 volatage/ground inpediance ???

  • From: Wayne Vanaman <Wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 08:02:32 -0500

I am kind of thick here, Peter.

Are you saying that from the AV inputs or the Tuner "F" connector you
can measure -158v VDC to the coax cable in the shop?  As you specified
DC volts, does that mean you measured 0VAC?

There is a cap/resistor in parallel, between the two grounds of the set,
R640 C628.  The cap is 470p and the resistor is 8.2Meg.  What is the
voltage measurement across there?  Should be half the line.

I don't see how you can have the same voltage reading to both the hot
and neutral lines.

As for what is normal with that set, 0V.  Leakage current measurements
must indicate less than .5mA (500 micro amps)AC.  If you don't have a
leakage tester .15uf in parallel with 1.5k ohm resistor can be used, the
voltage drop must be less than .75VAC.

I think I would pull the bridge rectifier D602 and test it.

Wayne Vanaman
Omega Electronics
6904 W Fairfield Dr
Pensacola, Fl.  32506-3310