[TechAssist] Re: Sony KV-27S46(Chassis BA-4D) picture a little narrow and non linear

  • From: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 22:11:59 -0400

Dale, I have no model-specific tips, but from what you say, the
picture is non-linear horizontally,judging from the distortion in the
cross hatch.(you could see this on your O'scope)As it gets to the
right side, it worstens.This would relate maybe to the drive eaveform
being irregular. The HOT overheating,would indicate to me perhaps the
duty cycle of the drive is off,causing the on time of the HOT biasing
to be more than normal,hence it runs hot. I would think this is the
original problem that destroyed the HOT to begin with. Look at the
scan/sweep capacitors in the HOT collector circuit.I would also locate
the electrolytic connected to the horiz. drive transformer.usually
they are around 1uf to 2.2uf at 160-250 volts.Their ESR usually
increases,or they lose value. Other defects could cause your symptom,
but I would address the ones I mentioned first. Good luck. BTW do you
have a diagram?
Let me know.
Best,
Phil