[TechAssist] Sony 41" PROJO, 1995 model, foggy picture

  • From: Kevin <kevintv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: TECH-ASSIST <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 16:52:28 -0800

I did a service call on this Sony projo for a foggy, washed out picture.
The set would also take 60 seconds to several minutes to come on and
then the picture might blink as well.  I tested the picture tubes with
my B & K model 467 picture tube tester and they tested OK.  So I decided
to still boost them and they came up a little but when I looked at the
picture it would not come on at all.  After adjusting the screens the
picture came and to me looked the same:  foggy and washed out.  Why
would the picture tubes test OK, but yet take a long time to come on and
give a foggy picture?

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV & Video Repair
Penticton BC Canada