[TechAssist] Re: Semiconductor purchasing question

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 10:01:07 -0400

I recently had a similar problem. I had a Hitachi 27" that I replaced
the vertical IC LA7838 and when I plugged it in, got a buzzing sound,
like the SMPS wasn't working. So I replaced some caps, only to
eventually find that pin 11 in the LA7838 was shorted to pin 12, the B+
pin, causing the SMPS to growl. Put in a new 7838 and away it went, no
problem. I got those chips at AA Electronics in Mississauga ON, run by
Chinese people.

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
Guelph Ontario Canada