[TechAssist] Re: Samsung Model SP431JX chassis APT51B convergence

  • From: becyn <becyn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 16:29:04 -0500

Alvin,

Did you go into convergence by  pressing mute-1-8-3 ??
This is the sub-convergence sercvice mode. You can drag and drop lines
in this mode.
Be sure to get your meter stick out and follow the positioning info on
page 5-9.
I know the manual is badly written and organized, but if you take a few
minutes to COMPLETLY
read though the convergence adjustment section before you "go back in",
you will find the insights needed. The magnets (if they are even there
-missing in some models) probably didn't need to be touched unless
someone moved them since the factory alignment.

There are some very competent folks at Samsung tech, but others
are...well...a little less competent. Anytime you call any factory tech
line, it's just the luck of the draw. If the advice doesn't help or make
sense, just reject it and dig a little harder fior the truth. If all
else fails, call back and get a different opinion!

Jim McVey
McVey Alltronix
327 Broadway
Newburgh N.Y. 12550