[TechAssist] SONY kv-27xbrr15 fast shutdown

  • From: becyn <becyn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 19:54:55 -0500

Hello all,

I checked the tips database, but nothing fits.
This puppy has hv , but shuts down abnormally fast- about1 second.
It seems to be too fast for a deflection scenario shutdown (I scoped v
deflection-seemed to be there). I thought perhaps
a marginal fbt drawing too much current from the SMPS? SMPS overcurrent
shutdown???
There is no flashing light, or delay if I  attempt to power-up again as
would be the case
with a  micro or x-ray shutdown (hv=25kv).

Whadduyathink?

Jim McVey
McVey Alltronix
327 Broadway