[TechAssist] Re: SONY kv-27xbrr15 fast shutdown

  • From: becyn <becyn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 12:32:43 -0500

Thanks to all who replied;

I disconnected power to the audio and defl b+. I connected a load bulb
to the B+ and monitored.
For the brief second that the supply says on, it peaked around 142v. The
schem says 135V.
Could be caps and/or regulator, so I'm going to spec a "rebuild" for the
supply.
By the way, this is a SMPS power supply, so the 'ol variac trick' will
not work as a diagnostic.
Under a full load condition, a SMPS will just keep the drive transistor
on longer and perhaps eventually
damage it unless shutdown invokes.

*Jim McVey
McVey Alltronix