[TechAssist] Re: Repair tip for JVC VCR HR-J620U won't accept or eject tape

  • From: "Jerome Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 00:11:31 -0400

I believe that is what JVC calls the Change Arm. Shifts the capstan motor
from front loading duty to reel drive duty. Still have a box full of them.
Decided a long time ago it was too much trouble to replace them and worked
out a method using a soldering iron to heat up the end of the spring and
imbed it in the plastic where the post breaks off. Only have to remove the
front loading mechanism to get at the arm.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave Greenville SC 29609
Fax/Phone 864 232 3889