[TechAssist] Re: Repair tip for JVC VCR HR-J620U won't accept or eject tape

  • From: Edward Gaidies <teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 19:44:33 -0400

Phil;
Great minds want to know...I just sent him a private message. I wanted
to know the same thing.

Gary has always found a way to fix it, if the customer is willing to
pay.

        He is not only a wizz in electronics, does well on the mechanical side.

May not be burned out...like some of us.

-Ed-
Tel-Tek Electronics
Ontario-Canada

teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx
On Aug 9, 2004, at 6:52 PM, Phil Bader wrote:

> Curious: what was the repair estimate on this?
> Phil Bader
>
> Gary McCartney wrote:
>
>> I just finished a JVC VCR model HR-J620U which wouldn't accept or
>> eject
>> a cassette.
>>
>> The fix was the "carriage idler" as I call it. It had a nylon post on
>> the one end of it which held a spring. This post was broken off,
>> leaving
>> the spring unattached and therefore the idler was not making contact
>> with the drive train when the eject signal was being called.
>>
>> I repleced the nylon post with a bolt. I had to find one that was
>> fairly
>> flat on the head and then I had to grind the head down until it was
>> very
>> thin, just enough to hold, because this idler rubs on the metal base
>> below it.
>>
>> I have posted pics on my web page for a limited time, which you can
>> download and save if you want.
>>
>> http://www.number63.ca/JVC/mechanism.jpg
>>
>> http://www.number63.ca/JVC/idler.jpg
>>
>> http://www.number63.ca/JVC/idler-mounted.jpg
>>

>> Gary McCartney
>>
>> McCartney Electronics
>> Guelph Ontario Canada
>> Est. 1984
>> email: gary (at) number63.ca
>>

>> Kevin wrote:
>>

>>> This JVC VCR won't eject or load the tape.  The loading motor is
>>> working
>>> to move the guide posts, but not for the loading/unloading of the
>>> tape
>>> itself.  I cleaned the mode switch, no difference.  When the tape is